Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Traditions

Lisa (aka A Preacher's Wife) is hosting This is How We Christmas. This week she's asking us to share how we celebrate Christ during the Christmas season. I mentioned on another post some of our traditions which go hand in hand with how we celebrate Christ. So here are a few of our Christmas traditions...
  • We always try to begin decorating the day after Thanksgiving.
  • We always put our Little People Nativity under the Christmas tree.

  • We always try to visit Koziar's Christmas Village, I love the Christmas lights, it's not really celebrating Christ, but it really puts us in the Christmas mood.
  • Occaisionally we like to see the Miracle of Christmas at Sight and Sound, we're hoping to go next week! The is one of my favorite shows!
  • Patrick and I always have a date night in Bethlehem, PA.
  • Christmas Eve we visit my mom and exchange presents with her.
  • Christmas Eve we also go see a local live nativity, always a family favorite!
  • Christmas Eve before bed we each open one present.
  • Christmas morning we start with reading Luke 2:1-20, Autumn has been memorizing this portion of Scripture for the past 2 months. I can't wait to hear her recite this on Christmas morning. I'll be sure to get it on video!
  • After the Scripture reading we open our presents.
  • After we're done playing with our new gifts, we go over to my dad's and exchange presents with him and my brothers.
  • This year Christmas evening we'll be going to Patrick's brother's house for supper, then Christmas village in the evening!

That's all for our Christmas traditions.

How about you? Check out The Preacher's Wife to see more!

2 comments:

Lauren Delaine said...

It seems that my comments on the This Is How We Christmas posts are largely about the Nativity sets.

But I just love the variations! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE FP Little People. So wish I would've gotten a set for my three-year-old this year.

Also, totally different subject--I LOVE your daughter's name!

Rhonda said...

How fun! Love the nativity:)