Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friends

Last week our friends, Laura and Ed, came for a visit. We've all been friends since college. I truly feel blessed to still be in contact with them, and thanks to facebook we talk almost everyday. We are really blessed to have them as friends. So, enough lovey-dovey stuff, on to the pictures!

Ed and Autumn
Cody eating asparagus
Autumn and Morgan, Ed and Laura's niece
Laura and Cody
Saying good-bye

We had a cook-out, and just fellowshipped the whole day. I mentioned to Laura about our new "sh-more" idea - using reese's cups instead of chocolate bars, and she had to have one. So, we made a quick trip to the store (while we were there the guys were supposed to be starting a fire for us). Upon returning we found no fire, so after much nagging, um...politely asking our men, they started a fire for us...well, attempted to start a fire...then the skies opened and dumped rain on us. We were stuck under an overhang for quite awhile. Ed found something to roast the marshmellows on and we still had s'mores while it continued to pour.

When they were ready to leave, the Lord decided to allow us some extra time together, and caused their car not to start. Patrick and Ed worked on the car, while Laura and I played a game. Awwww....good times!

It was a good day. Hopefully, we'll be able to do it again soon!



(Laura, may you have this song stuck in your head tonight, because it's been stuck in my head all week. ~Love me, love me, say that you love me.~)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"hold me hold me"-LOL u r funny! I could totally go 4 another reeses shmore!!!:o) that was fun & I'm glad it poured!--Laura *funny cuz the verification code 4 me 2 leave a comment is reesse!!! Lol