Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Up, Up, and Away...

For my husband's 30th birthday, I scheduled an appointment for something called a Discovery Flight. This is a 30 minute instructional flight for those interested in getting their pilot's license. This is something my husband has been wanting to do for awhile, so I thought I'd just give a little push. I decided to go up in the plane with him, it was a fun time! Here is the plane we took (it felt like we were in a VW beetle inside).
The flight instructor giving final instructions...
Here we are on the runway getting ready to take off. Patrick did the take-off...
In the air!
I really enjoyed it. I was a bit nervous, but I spent my time taking lots of pics.
I thought this house was pretty cool!
My hubby, a soon to be pilot!
A corn maze we flew over...
I thought I'd snap a pic of myself...
Patrick did the take-off and all the flying, the instructor did the landing.
Here's my hubby after we safely landed!
He was a bit nervous, which was somewhat humorous, because he's an adventurer. He did a great job, and is planning to go back next week to sign up. Like I said, this is something he has been wanting to do for awhile, and will be beneficial while living in Australia. Although it's been really hard waiting on those visas, I'm thankful for this opportunity he has to get his pilot's license. Keep him in your prayers!

Happy Birthday, honey!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Very cool. Looks like fun. Glad he was able to do it.

Happy Birthday Patrick!!