Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Year's Goals - Update

It's been a few months since I've checked in on my goals for the year...so, let's see how I'm doing.
  • Spend more time in my Bible and in prayer (I am a few days behind, but I've already read Genesis-Proverbs so far!)
  • Memorize more Scripture (With the school year starting soon, I am planning on writing verses on index cards, and posting them around the house. I really need to work on this more.)
  • Speak more kindly to my husband and children (I think this will be ongoing...forever)
  • Spend more one-on-one time with the kids (I notice I get a lot of one-on-one time with Cody, and I need to do the same with Autumn. It's harder with her, because its easy to say just a minute and then forget about it. Although with school starting, we'll be getting a lot of one-on-one time, too!)
  • Be more frugal with God's money & put more into savings (We've been able to put away money every month!! Praise the Lord!)
  • Read 12 (or more) books (I've read 10 books so far this year.)
  • Be consistent with planning my supper menu (We've been traveling a lot, so this is difficult. I'll keep trying though!)
  • Get more organized and stay that way (I've found that with most of our belongings in boxes - packed for our move - I'm somewhat organized, still much to be done, but with living in limbo, it's rather difficult.)
  • Exercise (at least) 3x each week (no.)
  • Cut back on soda...drink more water (We have stopped buying soda and I've been keeping water and juice in the fridge, we limit drinking the soda to when we eat out.)
  • Move to Australia (Still no word...please keep praying!)

I'm not sure if it's the summer months, or the waiting on our visas, but I've been in quite a rut lately. The next 2 weeks are revival at our church, I'm praying and looking forward to be refreshed, renewed, re-energized, and encouraged. After those 2 weeks, my husband is taking a trip with a friend, so I am planning to start school the week he is away.

I am hoping with all this going on, it will keep our mind's off the waiting. I feel like we have been living in limbo for the past 3 years. Not knowing is very difficult. I know the Lord is in control, and His thoughts and ways are higher than mine. Please, please, please keep praying for those visas. My personal prayer is that the Lord would allow us to move in the beginning of 2010.

So, there you have my updated goal list, and basically what's on my heart lately. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: