Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Miss California - Freedom of Speech?

I'm sure most of you have already heard about Miss California and her answer on gay marriage. She said she believed marriage was between a man and a woman, and now she is being slandered on every side. What? Did they want her to lie? Apparently only the gay right activists have freedom of speech. She voiced her opinion (which I agree with) and has only been criticised because of it. I didn't watch the pagent (not really into watching tall beautiful women flaunt their stuff!), but I did watch it on youtube (which I posted below). We live in a free country, all these people push their freedom of speech, yet they only push it for topics they agree with. Every American was given the freedom of speech, including Miss California. If only more Christians would stand up for what they believe. Way to go, girl!


3 comments:

Noel said...

I would venture to say most people believe this way too - the other side is just so LOUD!!

Ellen said...

I am very proud of her. I am very disgusted with Perez Hilton for a you tube post he put up calling her names. Makes me mad and he lied. You're right, we aren't aloud to speak freely only the other side can.

Barbie said...

I'm glad you wrote about this story! I almost did too when I heard about it. I went and copied off the interviews that she did so I could read it for myself. I think it is ironic that because of the stand that she took, she is getting more publicity than the girl who won! I am glad that someone finally stood up for what's right (and on national television)!!