Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sarah Palin Rally

This afternoon Mrs. Sarah Palin came to Shippensburg University. I got my tickets and was there shortly after the doors opened at 2:15pm. When we pulled in I was in shock at the long line. I am so mad at myself for not taking a picture. Maybe it will be on our local news tonight. It was FREEZING cold outside. We walked around trying to figure out the line, and realized the line was wrapped around the campus, well, not all the way around, but pretty close. There had to be several thousand people there. We waited and waited (in the car, while my brother and his 2 friends stood in line) and waited. The rally was supposed to start at 4:15, but I hear her bus broke down, or something like that. Anyway, around 4:30 we were still 1/2 mile from the building. So, we left, without meeting Mrs. Palin. I was disappointed, but there was no way we were going to make it in the building. Apparently they gave out more tickets than they had room, and the overflow were going to be put in another building to watch on a big screen. Well, I can go home and watch it in my nice, comfy, warm bed. So, we didn't get to go to the rally and meet this pretty lady,
and since we were starving we went to Red Robin (I thought of you Laura). Hopefully all those people who stood out in the freezing cold windy weather will make it out next Tuesday to vote! Then hopefully I have the next 4-8 years to look at Caraboo Barbi! You betcha!
Notice Cody checking out the bird!

1 comment:

The Equipped Life said...

So close.... but at least you did get a picture with Red Robin!1 LOL!