Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Flashback Tag

Being "tagged" is a good way to keep your blog updated. A bloggy friend, Abbi, did a flashback tag that I thought was neat, so I thought I'd join in the fun...


20 Years Ago

That would be 1988, I was 8 years old and starting 3rd grade. I believe this was the year my church and school burnt down. (I can't remember if it was '87 or '88.) They were adding an addition to the church when a spark from the welding hit a pine cone. The inside of the church was pretty much destroyed. The fire department was right across the street, but sadly they were the second department to respond. The outside (made of stone) still stands, and they made apartments on the inside. I'll have to get a photo of it sometime. Anyway, its really weird that I can still remember that day very clearly. (Just for those wondering, we were able to rebuild at another location with a lot of property. The church was built with logs. I'll have to get a photo of that, too!)

10 Years Ago
1998 - Patrick and I had just started dating during the summer. In the Fall we returned for our 2nd year of Bible College, and were engaged in December...wow, we've been together for 10 years!

3 Years Ago
2005 - We were accepted by Baptist International Missions, Inc (BIMI) as missionaries. I'll stop here to tell you our first blessing as missionaries...upon arriving at BIMI for candidate school we were informed that we would be going before a board of men and be questioned before being accepted, therefore we should dress appropriately. All the men in suits and ties, etc. One problem, we didn't bring Patrick a suit. So, we had some free time and ran to Goodwill. Good ole Goodwill!! It took us awhile to find a suit to fit Patrick (he is 6'3"). We found one and it was priced at $25. Good deal to me, but when I got up to the register and they rung me up, the suit was on sale and we paid $1 - one dollar! The Lord is so good, and it gets even better. We got back to BIMI, got dressed and ready to go before the board and mentioned to the Director of Candidate School about our dilemma and finding the suit for $1 and the director pulled out his wallet and told Patrick to consider it a free suit, and gave him $1. God is so good. What a way to start deputation!

1 Year Ago
I had started our first year of homeschooling. Autumn began Kindergarten, and we also decided to homeschool my 2 brothers as well, Jason was in 11th and Jeff in 8th. I was also about 5 months pregnant.

Yesterday
We drove 6 hours 41 minutes (according to Map Quest) to Marion, Ohio to share our burden for Australia in a church's Mission's Conference. We were there about 3 hours, and hopped in the car and drove 6 hours and 41 minutes home, arriving at 4am. Oh, the joys of deputation!

Today
We slept in late, I worked on Algebra with my brother, cleaned my kitchen, made stir-fry for supper, and am now wasting too much time on the computer!

The Future
Lord willing, we will be in Australia SOON. I cannot wait to be settled, have our own home, and just get busy serving the Lord.

Now if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

My friend Tina is having trouble getting CVS coupons printed off. Is there a current coupon to be printed? What is it and where does she get it?

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Found you through your CVS post....I love it as well, and am excited to read about your support almost being done!! Amazing!